Wednesday, December 7, 2022

PHOTO SERIES

Ehhhhh
The Glow up
The Come Up
Final Form

My photography series is called “The Glow Up” As time goes on, me and others discover that images over the years have so much power. Art and images display your history. They both hold value as they linger and pass on knowledge of events that the next generation any and allow you to relive a moment that happened lifetime's ago which is an amazing thing to experience. “To collect photos is to collect the world.” - Susan Sontag. This quote aligns with how images can show off history and life. Susan Sontag expresses my theme which is evolution. Over the years I thought I could not fit in with the crowd because I did not feel like I was the best looking, I did not have up-to-date clothing, I always felt like an old ball. I eventually Glew up and groomed myself well. This series shows how I evolved in life and how history can be captured and displayed many years later. The camera is one of the greatest inventions to humankind because anyone can relive any moment in life by just looking at an image.

No comments:

Post a Comment