Monday, November 21, 2022

project




    For my project, I wanted to use old pictures of me when I was around 5-7 years old.  For some reason, I wanted to go back to when  I was a child, maybe because  I missed being a kid. Also, making this project I realized the growth I've done in my personal life. My childhood was a beautiful time, I got to see and learn a lot when I was young being around my grandparents and my whole family it give me a warm feeling. The way my mother used to dress me when I was a child remained me of Frida Kahlo so traditional clothes from Honduras. Also, I used real dried petals on the side of my poster because Frida mostly in all the pictures I've seen has roses or flowers on her hair as a hairstyle, she had a very unique style. Once I did the roses I thought of a poem from her, that has been stuck in my head for a while ''I paint flowers so they will not die", It reflects me as like all the memories from my childhood will keep alive in me since I paint them. Frida Kaloh was such a successful woman even with her tragedies they made her even more powerful and stronger emotionally. 







No comments:

Post a Comment