Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Week 4 Selfie

 
 In my performance video, I'm dancing with my sister to represent self identity and comfort zone. In the past years my little sister has been having some problems with her weight and understanding that she is perfect the way she is. My sister is not overweight by any means but she sees the other girls and gets upset that she is not as skinny. This started to worry me since she is too young to be worrying about this kind of things, so I decided to buy her a game where she can dance and exercise. Even though I'm terrible at dancing, I decided to join my sister with her dances. My sister now is starting to exercise more while doing something that she likes and she is liking her body more and more as a result. Me in the other hand, I step out of my comfort zone since I'm a horrible dancer, I never really wanted to dance so often but now I do it to motivate my sister and it has made me step out of my comfort zone 

  Example of performance art 1: "In Italy, the anarchist group of Futurist artists insulted and hurled profanity at their middle-class audiences in hopes of inciting political action" 

Response: I think this is interesting how after World War II, the used this as a performance to to get people to question about the human existence. 

  Example of Performance art 2: " Kazuo Shiraga of the Japanese Gutai Group made sculpture by crawling through a pile of mud." 

Response: I find very interesting how somebody can make sculptures with a pile of mud while crawling through it. I do not think I have ever seen something like that.

  A 24-Hour Love Letter to Performance Art 


  Quote 1: " I just think that(in my practice at least) the reality of Black existence needs more space right now than the imaginary" 

  Response: I believed that Greenberg is trying to get the audience to think and realize that there is not that many black performances that represents them and their culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment