Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Weekly Selfie 4





For my project I wanted the theme of my storytelling to be along the lines of identity. I chose to create 8 series of photographs.Through the image you see the process of me doing my own hair. In a total span the whole pr I wanted to capture the process took about 5 hours with breaks in between. Through this whole process although it was long and tiring I still was excited to see the final and new outcome of my hair.For me a major part of my own identity and culture is my hair, from the products i use to the styles i create.I do I believe through my hair it allows me to express myself sometimes in ways I am unable to verbally. I always found it fascinating that I had the possibility to change my hair into any style, whether it was straight, curly or into an Afro style. Like makeup, art, photography, and clothing hair is able to tell a narrative. From my personal experience I always Change my hair or hair style depending on my mood. Hair is a huge part of one’s identity and at times it is a symbol of new beginnings and fresh starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment