Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Photo Series Self-Portrait project

"to collect photographs is to collect the world"

take every second with me 

creating a memory

My project is related to the reading photography from Susan Sontag. Whenever I take a picture of a place or of someone I always go back to see the pictures and I also feel I go back to the moment that photo was taken. The feeling that a picture gives me, is a feeling I enjoy, and is a memory I want to keep forever. As the reading said that every photo is a piece of evidence, and I want to have evidence of me visiting places while being young.

quote 1-  "To photograph is to appropriate the thing photographed. It means putting oneself into a certain relation to the world that feels like knowledge -- and, therefore, like power."

Quote:

Finally, the most grandiose result of the photographic enterprise is to give us the sense that we can hold the whole world in our heads -- as an anthology of images.”


Quote:

Photographs furnish evidence. Something we hear about, but doubt, seems proven when we're shown a photograph of it.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment