Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Gallery Essay - art work

 




    The artworks "Wellspring" and "Mother and Child" by Ashley Lyon illustrate the bond we have with our moms and grandmothers. Since her grandmother had created the ceramic quilt, Wellspring, in the early 1900s, it held great meaning for her because it had protected and warmed her throughout the years. When I first saw it, I believed it was a genuine blanket since she turned this unusual object into artwork that at first glance appears to be made of the same fabric and has a similar degree of softness. However, it is actually made of a material that is readily breakable. It's amazing that she was able to capture that lovely experience in a work of art that she may treasure forever.
     Ashley Lyon also produced a further stunning work of art that she refers to as "This rope, "Mother and Child," illustrates interpersonal relationships and other people's emotional states. Lyon claims that Mother and Kid "intertwines in a way that is visually complex and reflects the physiological and psychological processes that are fundamental to any bond between a mother and her child. As soon as a woman becomes pregnant, she already feels a connection to her unborn child because we get to carry them. This rope symbolizes how we will always be connected to our moms. Ashley Lyon was able to accurately express how she felt about her experiences with parenthood by utilizing clay rather than photos to show her experience as a mother. Her work demonstrates the emotional range of still life. When you initially see the item, you might not think it has any significance. However, after reading the description, the item takes on a new meaning for you and changes the way you view life.
   For my selfie, I picked a picture with my mother. The older I get the more I need my mom. I was inspired by “Mother and Child”. This speaks to my identity because my mother has always been my inspiration, she is always there for me and she is the first person I go to when I have a problem. My mom has shown me how to work hard and be independent and always keep going even when I feel like giving up. My grandmother and my mom are an inspiration to me, and I want to follow in their steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment