Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Weekly Selfie


 

Quotes: 

·      The specialization of images of the world is completed in the world of the autonomous image, where the liar has lied to himself.

-       Images are all around the world they are all around us for example the billboards everyone passes by all over. They advertise and show different information to the viewers that are often lies being told so they can drag the viewer’s attention.  

·      A stream of images detached from everything in this life fuses into a common essence that cannot be restored

-       The fragments of life have joined in an unbreakable stream, in which the unity of this life cannot be re-established. Pictures and images from all over someone’s life can come together and make one big achievement of everything this person has done. Pictures are “directly lived”. He uses the word ‘stream’ to portray the endless series of images that are detached from our lives.

 

Quotes:

·      “a type of self-portraiture. It’s about looking at people who happen to look like me.”

·      “Versions of myself in art history and in the world” 

 

I chose this picture of my sister and me, we were at a wedding and my mom was the one to capture this picture of us and you could see we were not paying attention to anything but what we were talking about at the time. The quote “a type of self-portraiture. It’s about looking at people who happen to look like me.” Stuck out to me because I and my sister are always being told we look alike, and that we can be twins when I and her are 7 years apart. This was a version of us in history because this was before covid 2019. Another quote that stuck out to me was “Versions of myself in art history and in the world” because it was different times and it was history for now because we don’t look like those pictures anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment